Genetic Genealogy Certification Course - August 2021
Help Solve The Cases As a Certified Genetic Genealogist Using DNA!
Do you have an inquisitive mind and a desire to give back and help others? Do you love family lore, history and mysteries? If so, then this course is for you!
What does becoming a Certified Genetic Genealogist class mean for you?
- First of all, it can mean a lot for law enforcement agencies looking for help in clearing their cold cases. I currently train law enforcement to use Genetic Genealogy to solve old and new cases in a class similar to this one. And, I strongly recommend that they employ support personnel to help them. You see, a sworn police officer or detective has to manage time in and out of the office and may not have the ability to focus full-time on the Genetic Genealogy research.
- Now, for you, having the Certification and training enables you to present yourself and your skills to police agencies to assist in this type of work.
- Along with potential work for police departments, you have the option to advertise your skillset to people who are searching for biological family, don't know where to turn, and need help. Folks like me, who are an NPE (Non-Parent Expected) or those who are adopted and find out this surprising information through commercial DNA services.
- Lastly, it just may help YOU unravel your own relatedness, which I sometimes refer to as "DNA Drama."
For the police, nothing is better than catching the perpetrator, helping to achieve justice for the victim, their family, friends and loved ones. As a cop, nothing is worse than having no suspects, no leads, no resources or time, and having no explanation other than, "We've done everything we can."
This class trains you in how to easily go from "Whodunnit?" to "He or she did it" or "Who'syourdaddy?" (or Momma) to "HappyFather'sDay" (or Mother's Day) using Genetic Genealogy.
Through the remarkable use of DNA, technology and genealogy, it is possible to isolate a suspect or relative and go from an "unknown suspect" (UNSUB) or mystery relationship to a family name and possibly even the person themselves quickly and easily. It really is that simple. I'm living proof.
Instead of police spending hours canvassing a neighborhood, talking to endless witnesses and fielding a multitude of fruitless hotline calls, we let the DNA do the work for them with your help. Too, instead of a family member, friend or loved one wondering if they will ever belong, you can help provide the answers.
Along with a complete genetic profile, the available technology and our training, you will have all the tools needed to locate your suspect or relative pool or singular person in many times a matter of weeks, days or hours.
Our sixteen-hour live, in person or remote training includes:
- The background on genetics and genealogy and how it applies in these cases
- Locating, identifying and understanding the technology needed
- Hands-on training working with real DNA profiles and genealogy data
- A workbook with cheat sheets, check lists and shortcuts
How Do I Attend?
Our live online classes are held twice a week, for two hours each day, so that you have time to absorb the lesson and implement it on your own, in your active cases or practical exercises, outside of class. We then discuss your findings in the next class and build upon what you have learned.
Why Take This Class?
There are way too many cases going unsolved, either as cold cases or DNA Drama and not enough people have the skills to figure this out. With biological evidence and a genetic profile you CAN get suspects and persons of interest and narrow your focus. Why would you not, when DNA can lead the way?
Why This Instructor?
Because I have been on both ends of need for this help. As a major case detective, I too was tasked with figuring it all out. Usually with little to no information. Statistics count and so does getting justice for the victims.
I didn't choose to learn DNA and genetic genealogy, it chose me when I found out that almost my entire family was not as I had known it. I had to start from scratch and over close to 5 years, I've immersed myself in everything genetics, genealogy and have developed the quickest way to the results - be it my family or your suspect.
I am able to take something that was totally devastating and turn it into something amazing, continuing my passion for law enforcement and making a difference. Enroll today to join me on that path to help clear more cases and catch more people and help others find their family.
August 2, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26 from 5:00 p.m. to 7 p.m. PACIFIC TIME (Time Zone Converter)
For other dates and times please check the school catalog or contact us to schedule an in-person training.
Taught by Christine Burke, retired police detective, who is a Certified International Association of Directors of Law Enforcement Standards & Training (IADLEST) instructor.
"The course was terrific..."
- Agent, Director, Federal Law Enforcement Academy
"I was immediately impressed with her technical, teaching and communication skills."
- Larry Ludwig, Retired LE, Vice President of Acceptance Insurance Special Investigations Fraud Unit
"Christine is a very honest person and dedicated to her profession. She is motivated to find the truth in her investigations. She has a strong standing in her community and is very well-respected."
- John MacVeigh, Retired FBI Agent, Current Private Investigator
Christine combines her personality and experience in her consulting, educational, and entrepreneurial endeavors.
She is a retired police detective and sergeant and law enforcement trainer.
She is the owner of, and supervisory investigator for, Strategic Intelligence Services PLLC, a global full-service private investigative and process service agency located in Arizona.
Christine is a qualified Expert Witness in the area of police procedure and culture.
She combines a love for her work and charitable causes in Help Solve The Case, which donates investigative resources to review, investigate, and solve cold cases, wrongful convictions and DNA and genetic genealogy cases.
Christine worked as a police officer in South Florida, in the positions of officer, detective and sergeant.
Christine volunteered her time with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office Posse instructing, as one of the DUI Task Force Coordinators, as part of the Dignitary Protection Team, and facilitating interstate prisoner transport.
Christine was a Board Director for Dress For Success of NE Florida and supported the Humane Society of NE Florida.
Christine holds a Master's Degree in Business Organizational Management, a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice/Psychology and has completed over 200 continuing education classes.
Christine consults in both the business and criminal justice areas and she relishes the chance to tell a good story or provide technical expertise.
In 2016 Christine was featured as a guest speaker on marketing for the Arizona Association of Licensed Private Investigators (AALPI), in 2014 a featured investigator for Investigation Discovery ID TV, and she also enjoyed her on screen role as a police officer in The Maddening, a motion picture starring Burt Reynolds and Angie Dickenson.